Human Resources Analyst
Objectives of the Human Resources Team
The main objectives of the Human Resources team are:
- Strategic Initiatives - Design, develop and implement strategic HR initiatives and key HR programmes.
- Client Services – offer strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and leadership team globally.
- Talent and Incentives – design best practice HR solutions in onboarding, staff planning, career management and mobility, performance/talent management, staff and leadership development and other HR areas
- Attracting and inspiring talent to build capacity, skills and the knowledge pool.
- Employment Framework – design and implement HR programs in HR strategy, policies and procedures, administration, diversity and inclusion, compensation and benefits, health and well being and other HR areas.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
The main objectives of the role include:
- To provide a generic and innovative all round human resources administrative and technical service to SEforALL.
- To support, implement and administer an effective and timely talent recruitment service, including support to develop and retain the best talent to support the strategic HR needs of the organization.
- To contribute towards efforts to establish human resources as a true business partner in the organization.
- To contribute towards the design, roll out and implementation of special HR initiatives and projects.
Duties and Tasks for the Role
The main duties and tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Review job descriptions in line with the SEforALL Job and Career Framework and related requirements.
- Promote transparency and consistency in the selection of staff and consultants, and advocate for fairness and consistency in the application of Human Resources policies and procedures
- Provide technical guidance to staff and managers as needed on all aspects of recruitment and selection (staff and consultants)
- Act as a liaison point on the range of Human Resources issues.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key human resources activities to support the organisation in attracting, motivating, retaining and developing the highest calibre of people.
- Actively participate in onboarding of new staff and exit procedures, as well as in performance management implementation (including monitoring and compliance, talent reviews), staff engagement, learning, training and development and other HR areas. For performance management monitoring, this includes ensuring that Performance Reviews and Objectives are completed and signed by all employees.
- Contribute to activities that promote the health and wellbeing of staff, including handling staff queries on wellness-related matters.
- Capture and monitor HR data accurately as required in the appropriate HRIS, spreadsheets and salesforce, processing employee data such as personal information, leave/holiday, benefits, key communications etc.
- Contribute to wider joint efforts in analysing data and enabling decision-making in all HR related fields (diversity, compensation and benefits, talent management etc.)
- Work with the HR team to provide support on process mapping and proactively suggest changes to work processes to improve effectiveness and performance.
- Contribute and support in streamlining and developing HR policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for specific allocated projects whilst contributing towards the design, roll out and implementation of special HR initiatives and projects
- Provide ongoing guidance, interpretation and technical support to staff and management in all aspects of HR
- Provide timely responses and support to internal and external stakeholder requests e.g for systems access, systems functionality challenges, identification of training needs and other HR related content processing queries.
- Provide general administrative support to the Human Resources unit.
- Undertake other tasks and duties as may be required.
Specific Competencies for the Role
This role is suitable for someone who is in the early stages of their HR career with two years or more experience, who is looking to grow their competencies in the HR field within the energy access sector. The main competencies require for the role include:
- A first or higher level university degree in human resources management, business or public administration, or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a general and/or specific field in Human Resources such as HR analytics or a related field.
- Significant knowledge of best practices in international human resources management in the private sector, international organizations or NGOs, and/or the UN Common System.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with good understanding of HR Analytics and ability to present results in support of decision-making.
- Experience of working with Human Resource Information systems such as e-recruitment and performance management.
- Strong Excel and database skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- High levels of confidentiality, and good judgment, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues and materials.
- Proactive approach to managing workflow, with keen ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to a wide range of issues.
- Excellent understanding of the impact on staff of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting working from home arrangements.
- Must be an advocate for fairness and consistency in the application of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Understanding of change management and the resistance that may be associated with it.
- Must be able to interact with and build relationships internally and externally.
- Hands on, and willing to work with tasks of any size.
- Strong written and spoken English language skills. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
General Competences for the Role
- Innovation and Adaptability: Has advanced skills and commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities. Is flexible to evolving circumstances, as well as helps others in doing so.
- Resilience and Emotional Intelligence: Has advanced knowledge in the concepts of resilience and emotional intelligence. Is able to remain calm in challenging situations, to cope with setbacks, is responsive to the emotions of others and maintains a high level of performance.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking1: Has an advanced level of analytical and strategic thinking skills. Gathers and processes demanding information, develops sound solutions and contributes recommendations for action to line supervisor/others as appropriate.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Demonstrates advanced initiative and abilities to collaborate and form partnerships in own area of responsibility and across teams. Actively develops and maintains partnerships. Displays team-oriented attitude contributing to creating a positive team spirit.
- Lead and Empower: Demonstrates initiative and role model behaviour in leading and empowering others. Takes responsibility for own work activities and personal actions and carries out the commitments agreed upon
- Political and diplomatic understanding: Has an advanced level of political and diplomatic understanding.
- Communicating information: Has proficient skills in communicating information and uses the skills effectively in own scope of work and in others’ work.
- Research and Analytics: Has advanced skills in research and analytics and uses the skills effectively in own scope of work.
- Project Management: Has advanced skills in project management. Plans and organises their own work using project management tools in support of achieving the team’s objectives
- Client Orientation / Striving for Excellence: Has advanced skills in client orientation and achieving excellency in work delivery.
Our Values - please refer to our core values as defined here: https://www.seforall.org/who-we-are/staff/our-values.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna, Washington DC and New York City, and flexibility and result orientated modern workplace arrangements.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.