Senior Associate, Executive Office
Objectives of the Results Offer
The main objective of Executive Office is to provide support to the CEO/SRSG, the leadership team and the Administrative Board to ensure efficient and effective leadership, implementation of organization's strategic direction and collaboration across the organization and teams.
The Executive Office Senior Associate is expected to be a dynamic and highly motivated administrative professional who takes full end-to-end accountability for:
(i) the management of the Executive Office;
(ii) the management of all communications, incoming and outgoing, for the CEO/SRSG;
(iii) the set-up and maintenance of key administrative processes across SEforALL that relate to the Executive Office and for which the Executive Office plays an important role.
The Senior Associate will interact with a wide range of people globally, across government, private sector, NGO and international organizations, at the working level as well as at the highest leadership level. The role requires handling confidential information on a regular basis and with great discretion. S/he has a highly developed sense for diplomacy and tact and uses both regularly. Without much ongoing supervision and guidance, the Senior Associate will take routine and non-routine decisions on administrative processes and steps, in alignment with the Chief of Staff and CEO/SRSG.
Purpose/Objective of the Role
The main objectives of the role include:
- Provide administrative support on a daily basis to the CEO/SRSG, including managing briefing material, correspondence and scheduling.
- Provide administrative support to the New York based staff.
- Ensure that the CEO/SRSG participation in internal and external meetings and events is at all times well prepared.
- Ensure effective and efficient functioning of the CEO/SRSG schedule and travel arrangements, maintain calendar of events relevant to the CEO/SRSG and SEforALL and support the CEO/SRSG in responding to requests from various stakeholders related to meetings and engagements.
Duties and Tasks for the Role
The main duties and tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the functions of the Executive Office to maximize the effective of the CEO/SRSG’s time and priorities; includes regularly reviewing processes and providing recommendations for improvements in the effectiveness and efficiency of the Executive Office’s operations.
- Manage the CEO/SRSG correspondence and schedule, maintain calendar of events and provide other support to the CEO/SRSG in responding to requests from various stakeholders related to meetings and engagements
- Support and manage the preparation of all briefing material for the CEO/SRSG, providing templates, guidance and deadlines to team members providing input and material, with a focus on ensuring quality, relevance and timeliness.
- Collaborate with the CEO/SRSG Special Assistant to capture CEO/SRSG decisions and commitments and make those available to relevant team members to ensure follow-up.
- Support in the logistics and preparations of the CEO/SRSG's travel and ensure that all trips are fully planned and optimized in all respects, including making travel arrangements, setting up the itinerary and meetings and finalizing all briefing materials, speeches and other materials.
- Supervises the Executive Office Assistant on a day-to-day basis.
- Provides support to the Chief of Staff, Special Assistant, and others as required.
- Provide research support as needed on behalf of and in support of the CEO/SRSG, including gathering of data and evidence and supporting knowledge capture and dissemination.
- Input and update information in a timely manner in Salesforce on the CEO/SRSG's planned and completed interactions.
- Act as a point of contact for operational matters, feedback and support in the New York office, including support for onboarding, IT services, procurement, as well as overall office management.
- Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing in own work area to bring about awareness and understanding, as well as utilise SEforALL systems and process to share the knowledge. e.g. Salesforce.
- Other tasks and duties as may be required.
Specific Competencies for the Role
- A completed relevant university degree or comparable skill.
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years of hands on administrative experience managing or coordinating an Executive Office directly supporting a CEO, diplomat or other very busy high-level executive. This role requires a hands on individual to support the SRSG/CEO and the Executive Office, operating in a fast-paced environment across international time zones and requires high flexibility, discretion and a commitment to results.
- Exposure to international development and or energy access would be highly desired.
- Good understanding of SEforALL and its mandate and goals.
- Strong diplomatic, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability and desire to operate in a fast-paced environment that requires high flexibility and a commitment to results
- Strong ability to think strategically for planning, rapidly analysing and integrating diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations,
- Specific experience in managing executive communications, in terms of screening incoming communications and proposing outgoing communications, in drafting and reviewing correspondence, proof-reading and editing text, creating and updating high volumes of time-sensitive material for senior officials in organizations or agencies engaging at the international level.
- Experience in operating across multiple time zones and with distributed teams.
- Experience in working with the UN and high-level government officials highly advantageous.
General Competencies for the Role:
- Innovation and Adaptability: Has proficient skills in innovation and adaptability. Is open and easily adapts to evolving circumstances as well as helps others in doing so.
- Resilience and Emotional Intelligence: Has proficient knowledge in the concepts of resilience and emotional intelligence. Is able to remain calm in challenging situations, to cope with setbacks, is responsive to the emotions of others and maintains a high level of performance.
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking: Has a proficient level of analytical and strategic thinking skills. Gathers and processes demanding information, develops innovative solutions and contributes to methods and procedures for standard tasks to cross-functional work groups.
- Collaboration and Partnership: Demonstrates proficient initiative and abilities to collaborate and form partnerships in own area of responsibility. Identifies, builds, develops and maintains long-lasting partnerships and actively creates positive team spirit.
- Lead and Empower: Demonstrates initiative and role model behaviour in leading and empowering others. Takes responsibility for own work activities and personal actions and carries out the commitments agreed upon
- Political and diplomatic understanding: Has a proficient level of political and diplomatic understanding.
- Communicating information: Has expert skills in communicating information and uses the skills effectively in own scope of work and regularly in others’ work.
- Research and Analytics: Has proficient skills in research and analytics.
- Project Management: Has proficient skills in project management. Plans and organises their own work in support of achieving the team’s objectives.
- Client Orientation / Striving for Excellence: Has proficient skills in client orientation and achieving excellency in work delivery.
Our Values - please refer to our core values as defined here: https://www.seforall.org/who-we-are/staff/our-values.
Salary information: SEforALL has adopted its own salary scales corresponding to the SEforALL grading system. The minimum yearly salary for this position is USD 61,065. The actual salary offer will be determined within the scale depending on the successful candidate’s qualification and experience, and applying the principle of internal equity. In addition to the base salary, SEforALL staff receive a benefits package that includes contribution to pension, contribution to health insurance & homeworking allowance.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna, Washington DC and New York City, and flexibility and result orientated modern workplace arrangements.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.