Specialist, Sponsorship and Corporate Donors
SEforALL seeks a dynamic and highly motivated professional who can support the Resource Mobilization team to deliver planning, implementation, execution, and tracking activities for securing sponsorships, including for SEforALL’s flagship event the Sustainable Energy for All Forum as well as other events, communications activities and reports. This role focuses on strategic sponsorship initiatives aimed to raise brand awareness, support the mission of SEforALL, strengthen the organization’s market position and secure resources to underwrite event and campaign-related activities to support achieving Sustainable Development Goal 7.
Duties and Accountabilities
The Specialist, Sponsorships & Corporate Donors is responsible for implementing, executing, and reporting on revenue generating activities for the SEforALL Forum, other events and campaigns. Fundraising/Resource Mobilization targets will be set.
The main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive sponsorship acquisition plan including strategies for effective sponsor identification, cultivation/advancement, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Execute the acquisition plan, including developing concept notes and pitch documents, conducting outreach and engagement with sponsorship prospects, and finalizing sponsorship agreements.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day management of new sponsorship components—working closely with internal and external programme teams to secure sponsorships—including, coordinating sponsor invoicing and tracking of agreed contractual components.
- Establish tracking mechanisms, monitor the impact of sponsorship activities and optimize as necessary.
- Evaluate sponsorship efforts on a regular basis and provide updates to the Resource Mobilization Senior Director, Leadership Team and CEO.
- Support data entry into the organization’s donor database (Salesforce) and ensure that all information is updated and available in real-time to Senior Director, Leadership Team and CEO.
- Make periodic contact with established sponsors and corporate partners to nurture relationships for future sponsorships.
- Work in coordination with the Senior Director, Resource Mobilization team, and other programme teams to achieve the organization’s philanthropic and sponsorship goals.
- Manage relationships with external corporate partners, including renewable and energy-related industry and corporate entities, as well as other entities.
- Proactively identify potential corporate partners/sponsors, including undertaking risk assessments for new prospects as appropriate. Engage and schedule meetings to discuss sponsorship opportunities, follow-up development sponsorship proposals, and communicate results and decisions to Senior Director.
- Lead creation of sponsorship support materials, including advertising and collateral material, in partnership with Communications team, while maintaining consistency with brand guidelines. Draft and edit sponsorship materials and copy.
- Negotiate and manage sponsorship agreements and serve as a liaison with corporate partners on sponsorship execution.
- Develop presentations, draft speaking notes and prepare meeting briefs for the resource mobilization team and broader organization.
- Participate in and contribute to other SEforALL work programmes, and knowledge sharing as applicable.
- Assist the SEforALL team in other areas related to partner engagement as necessary; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, International Relations).
- Several years of relevant fundraising experience preferably gained in an NGO or consulting organization focused on private sector sponsorships and resource mobilization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and close sponsorship opportunities that increase revenue.
- Demonstrated experience in research, business development, relationship management and/or project management in a setting relevant to sustainable development is an advantage.
- Ability to come up with creative ideas to fundraise collaboratively and build strategic relationships.
- Good understanding of the issues on which SEforALL works, including a familiarity with corporate and government efforts on sustainability, sustainable energy and energy access.
- Proven experience in engaging with public, private and civil society organization partners in an international and country context.
- Complete fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Knowledge and ability to work in another language—particularly German, French and/or Spanish—is desirable.
- Strong writing skills, particular in generating proposals, written summaries and pitch desks.
- Excellent presentation skills, including extensive knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including extensive knowledge and experience with Salesforce.
- Experience in working to high quality standards with tight deadlines in collaboration with a team.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment that requires high flexibility and a commitment to results.
- Ability to work with others to create, synthesize and/or share relevant knowledge and to stimulate its use.
- Professionalism and Personal Leadership: Demonstrates/safeguards ethics and integrity. Demonstrates corporate knowledge, self-development and initiative-taking. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and international environment based on mutual respect and tolerance. Demonstrates good judgment and discretion when handling sensitive materials. Ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and tact in handling sensitive issues.
- Analysis: Demonstrated excellent research and analytical skills that can be applied to generate knowledge products and support policy making.
- Planning and Organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments. Adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently and is able to work to deadlines and maintain effectiveness under pressure. Excellent organizational and task management skills, with appropriate attention to details and ability to prioritize work among multiple competing demands, and under tight deadlines. Ability to manage multiple workflows at the same time. Proactive approach to managing workflow, with keen ability to multi-task and respond quickly and flexibly to a wide range of issues, some of which come up in ad hoc and unexpected ways. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment where adaptability will be a premier and delivery expected.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and proven document drafting ability; ability to interact with senior level UN staff, with ambassadors, high-level diplomats, and with senior government officials including Prime ministerial and Ministerial level as well as to develop contacts, foster collaboration with UN and with other stakeholders; deliver presentations, advocate for viewpoints and participate actively in internal as well as external debates and negotiations. Ability to craft messages and communiques, and copy edit work to produce effective written communications. Familiarity and appreciation of social media.
- Teamwork: Work with colleagues within SEforALL and with partners in government and organizations. Support colleagues, encourage others to participate in teamwork and share responsibility for decision-making and results. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Support and act in accordance with group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Share credit for team accomplishments and accept joint responsibility for team shortcomings. Demonstrated ability to work with teams representing a wide variety of staffing levels that also cut across agencies and partners, and work without direct authority to deliver timely and high quality products. Strong team player capabilities.
- Personal: Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude. Demonstrates behavior of professional and personal ethics transparency and openness to encourage respect and similar behavior from colleagues in the work place. Sensitivity to other people’s cultural and religious norms and the ability to easily blend with others. Proven ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information. Exhibits diplomacy, loyalty and commitment to SEforALL’s goals. Sense of humor is an advantage.
Our Values - please refer to our core values as defined here: https://www.seforall.org/who-we-are/staff/our-values.
- SEforALL offers exciting high-impact assignments, a collegial and creative work environment, and the opportunity for committed professionals to thrive and grow within flat hierarchies and in the pursuit of an inspiring mission.
- SEforALL provides competitive compensation packages at its locations in Vienna, Washington DC and New York City, and flexibility and result orientated modern workplace arrangements.
- Qualified female candidates and candidates from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- SEforALL reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level below the advertised level of the post.