COP26: SDG7 Pavilion Call for Proposals
Call for Proposals closed Thursday 30th September!
The COVID-19 pandemic has jeopardized the progress already made on SDG7 & SDG13 and created significant new barriers to achieving the goals of universal access to affordable, reliable and sustainable energy by 2030 and net zero emissions by 2050.
As the world seeks to recover from this uniquely devastating pandemic and urgently address the existential threat of climate change, 2021 is a critical year for action on energy access, economic recovery, and climate. Following the United Nations High-level Dialogue on Energy (HLDE) in September, COP26 presents an important opportunity to build ambition across sectors on implementation of the energy-related goals and targets under the 2030 Agenda.
Recognizing the intersection of energy, climate, and development, COP26 offers an opportunity to raise ambition and elevate the role of distributed renewables to support achieving our global goals on energy access and climate.
For the first time in COP history, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) in partnership and support from The Rockefeller Foundation and the IKEA Foundation, will host a dedicated SDG7 Pavilion in the Blue Zone at the COP26.
The SDG7 Pavilion for People and Planet will provide a venue for critical and inclusive conversations on the Energy Transition Campaign and the importance of closing the energy access gap in concert with the ‘Race to Zero’ on emissions.
The Pavilion will provide:
- a space to showcase SEforALL and partners' work around SDG7 including all 3 levels:
- 1 By 2030, ensure universal access to affordable, reliable, and modern energy services
- 2 By 2030, increase substantially the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix
- 3 By 2030, double the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency
- a unique platform at COP26 to launch and highlight a Global Alliance for People and Planet as the go-to platform for aligned and committed actors across the ecosystem
- an opportunity to raise the visibility of equitable energy access, a just transition, and the continued generation of new commitments and Energy Compacts
- a home to dialogues on the intersection of energy, climate, and development, on clean cooking and electricity access, energy efficiency, renewables, and the relationship between SDG7 and other Sustainable Development Goals
- a space for those who do not have a platform.
Be Bold and join us!
If your event is chosen as part of the programme at the SDG7 Pavilion in Glasgow, we will send a second form asking for more detailed information, including text for the programme and communications, as well as a step-by-step playbook for the event itself.
We will be working together with both The Rockefeller Foundation and IKEA Foundation to build out the programme for the Pavilion.
We look forward to working towards a great, inclusive, and impactful SDG7 Pavilion for People and Planet at COP26 and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
SDG7 Pavilion Coordination teams