Sustainable Energy for All’s Privacy Notice
Your privacy matters
As a global platform, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) empowers leaders to broker partnerships and unlock finance to achieve universal access to sustainable energy. We marshal evidence, benchmark progress and connect stakeholders. We also amplify voices of our Partners and tell stories of success.
How do we use your data
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information:
- to provide and improve our services to you;
- to compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- to provide you with personalised content;
- to market our services including alerting you to events including the SEforALL Forum;
- to manage our relationship with you and other stakeholders;
- to process and respond to inquiries;
- to fulfil our legal obligations; and
- for other legitimate business purposes.
Purposes of data processing
Processing concerns the following categories of data:
- Surname, first name, date of birth, academic title, nationality
- gender, religion, marital status, children and other family members, place of birth, former surnames
- Contact data (e.g. telephone, email, address)
- photo identification (where provided)
- Data on the establishment, administration and settlement of the business relationship
How and why we share your information
Please note that we may on occasion be required to share your information with third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf. This includes:
- where we outsource services, for example internet data collection;
- to confirm or update information provided by you;
- to provide you with important information, inform you of events, or update you about our services;
- for other purposes disclosed at or before the information was collected.
We have taken steps to ensure that all such entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and that the personal information is only used for specified purposes that we have informed you of.
We will only disclose information to other other third parties once you have given your consent, or where we are required to do so by law.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential. We will never sell or rent your data. We also do not distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with our service providers as disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
We will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our Privacy Notice and applicable laws (EU Regulation 2016/679 - EU Data Protection Basic Regulation - Data Protection Law).
Transmission of personal data
To the extent necessary for the aforementioned purposes, we will disclose your personal data to:
- IT service providers used by us
- administrative authorities, public corporations
- other recipients designated by you
- other recipients necessary for the fulfilment of instructions.
Some of these recipients may be outside of Austria or may process the data outside of Austria. If the level of data protection in the other country does not correspond to the Austrian level of protection, we take measures to ensure adequate protection.
You have the right to apply for a copy of the information we hold about you by writing to us using the contact details below. This is called a data subject access request. We may require further information from you to verify your identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
You also have the right to have any inaccurate information about you corrected. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date and may check with you from time to time to verify it.
You may ask us to correct or remove any information that you think is no longer up to date. Please contact us using the contact details below if you would like any corrections made to your information.
If you do not want to receive information from us
If you receive marketing materials from us, you may withdraw your consent for us to send these to you at any time and free of charge by using the contact details below.
Cookies are files, used by most websites, that contain small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are and are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We implement commercially acceptable security safeguards designed to protect your data, such as HTTPS. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Please note that we assume no liability whatsoever for the disclosure of information due to errors in data transmission and/or unauthorized access by third parties not caused by us (e.g. hacking of email accounts or telephone, interception of faxes).
Changes to this notice
If you have any questions in relation to this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to contact us to exercise your rights as stated in this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org