For the first time, the UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) at the Scottish Event Campus in Glasgow. The COP26 summit will bring parties together to accelerate action towards the goals of the Paris Agreement and the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
Energy Transition Council
The Energy Transition Council (ETC) is one of the key initiatives of the UK COP26 Presidency for promoting and supporting ambitious clean energy transitions in developing countries. Our CEO is the council Co-Chair and we are directly involved in supporting the council’s secretariat and overall strategy. Find out more.
For the first time in COP history, Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) in partnership and support from The Rockefeller Foundation and the IKEA Foundation, will host a dedicated SDG7 Pavilion for People and for Planet at COP26.
The SDG7 Pavilion will provide a venue for critical and inclusive conversations on the Energy Transition Campaign and the importance of closing the energy access gap in concert with the ‘Race to Zero’ on emissions.
The Pavilion will provide
- a space to showcase SEforALL and partners' work for SDG7
- a unique platform at COP26 to launch and highlight the Global Energy Alliance for People and Planet as the go-to platform for aligned and committed actors across the ecosystem
- an opportunity to raise the visibility of equitable energy access, a just transition, and the continued generation of new commitments and Energy Compacts
- a home to dialogues on the intersection of energy, climate, and development, on clean cooking and electricity access, energy efficiency, renewables, and the relationship between SDG7 and other Sustainable Development Goals
- a space for those who do not have a platform