Financing Energy Access and Economic Recovery in a Climate Smart Way
Access to reliable, renewably powered energy is key to global growth and recovery and to the resilience of communities grappling with the dual crises of COVID-19 and climate change. Energy is the key to unlocking new pathways to create a sustainable, equitable, more prosperous future that is climate-resilient.
As we seek to restart the world, we need to do so together, with a new approach that leverages innovative financing, public-private partnerships and new technologies that make a greener energy future a priority in emerging economies.
The Rockefeller Foundation, The IKEA Foundation, SEforALL, and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) are mobilizing a new community of investors and climate finance for low-income and emerging countries to lift millions of people out of energy poverty.
This event will discuss recent major investment and partnership announcements with the leadership from each organization.
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO and Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy
- Raj Shah, President, The Rockefeller Foundation
- Per Heggenes, CEO, IKEA Foundation
- Makhtar Diop, Managing Director, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Moderator: Sonal Bhutra, Anchor and Senior Research Analyst, CNBC TV18