This Is Cool Webinar Series - Net-Zero Cold Chains for Food
Organized by the Cool Coalition and Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) in collaboration with the Climate and Clean Air Coalition and K-CEP, this first webinar of the This Is Cool webinar series focused on net-zero cold chains for food.
Cold chains are vital to help the food system deliver against those challenges, but their operations can have significant environmental impacts. Increasing access to affordable and climate-friendly cold chains technologies and systems is vital for the achievement of both climate and sustainable development goals.
In this session, experts from the field discuss a newly published brief on Net-Zero Cold Chains for Food developed by Carbon Trust and K-CEP, highlight the building blocks of net-zero cold chains and share insights on how we can move towards an integrated approach to net-zero cold chains.
The session took place on 28 October from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm Paris Time and was moderated by Thin Lei Win, Food Security and Climate Correspondent, Thomson Reuters Foundation.
- Nnaemeka Ikegwuonu, Co-founder and CEO, ColdHubs, Cooling as a Service (CaaS) Prize Winner
- Juergen Goeller, Director Regulatory Affairs, Carrier Refrigeration
- Toby Peters, Professor, University of Birmingham
- David Aitken, Associate Director, Carbon Trust
- Brian Dean, Lead, Energy Efficiency and Cooling, SEforALL
- Dan Hamza-Goodacre, Non-Executive Director, K-CEP, COP26 Champions Team