Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF) 2021
The theme of ACEF 2021 was Accelerating the Low-Carbon Transition in Asia and the Pacific. ACEF 2021 was organized around three pillars: (a) technology roadmaps for developing countries in Asia and the Pacific to achieve their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) for climate change; (b) cross-sectoral impacts and green recovery rebound strategies for the COVID-19 pandemic; and (c) discussions around the updating of the Asian Development Bank's Energy Policy.
SEforALL co-organized and moderated two deep-dive workshops.
Innovative sustainable cooling solutions for Asia and the Pacific Region
Monday, 14 June 2021
Session 1: Understanding the relevance of innovative cooling technologies for sustainable cooling in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Loretta Kathleen Foran, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Sneha Sachar, Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) and Alliance for an Energy Efficient Economy (AEEE)
- Jiten Ghelani, CEO of Promethean Power
- Moderator: Ms. Laila Kanji UK Government
Session 2: Innovative approaches to market-building and business models; Sustainable cooling models and regional cooperation
- S P. Garnaik, Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL)
- Daniela Schmidt, ADB
- Bo Shen, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (U.S. Department of Energy)
- Moderator: Ms. Clotilde Rossi di Schio SEforALL