Sustainable Energy for All Annual Report 2019
This report highlights some of our most important activities in 2019, such as the 2019 SEforALL Charrettes in Amsterdam, Netherlands; the continuation of our Energizing Finance research series, and the introduction of a Cooling for All Needs Assessment tool as part of our Chilling Prospects research series.
Additional 2019 highlights included:
- The African Union Commission (AUC) formally adopted our recommendation for national governments to develop integrated electrification strategies as part of the AUC’s Cairo Declaration.
- A merger with the UN Foundation’s dedicated energy access team in August 2019 brought additional expertise and capacity to SEforALL for addressing areas like the critical role of energy for healthcare services.
- We partnered in and supported the launch of the Three Percent Club and Climate Investment Platform, helping establish these initiatives as part of our facilitation of the Energy Transition Track of the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Action Summit and Energy Action Forum, held during the UN General Assembly in September 2019.
- Through prominent speaking opportunities and engagements at major international fora like COP25 and Davos 2019, we made sure that affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all by 2030 remains the core goal guiding approaches to the global energy transition.
- We forged several new strategic partnerships with businesses, international organizations, foundations, universities and UN agencies.