Call for applications: Women in Clean Cooking mentorship programme
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA), Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) and the Global Women’s Network for Energy Transition (GWNET) have launched the second cohort of a mentorship programme for early to mid-career women working in the clean cooking sector in Africa and Asia.
Following the success of the inaugural 2021 cohort, the 2022 “Women in Clean Cooking” (WICC) mentorship programme will support women in the clean cooking sector, offering benefits that include:
- Gaining experience from seasoned professionals in the energy sector;
- Obtaining career-enhancing activities to support concrete goals;
- Enhancing professional and personal development;
- Fostering strategic thinking and innovative ideas.
Call for Mentees
The application criteria are as follows:
- Must be a national from Africa or Asia and working in any country in Africa or Asia.
- Must be a woman working in clean cooking, with a strong personal interest in contributing to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 5 and 7 by supporting the engagement of other women in the process and a commitment to women’s empowerment and gender equality.
- Must work in an early to mid-career position, with 2–10 years of work experience.
The mentorship programme is also designed around the following parameters:
- Regional focus on early to mid-career professionals in Africa and Asia;
- Bilateral interaction for 12 months between mentees and mentors along mutually-agreed professional development targets;
- Careful matchmaking and continuous support by the GWNET Secretariat, alongside CCA and SEforALL;
- A series of exclusive curated knowledge-transfer webinars based on needs stated by the mentee cohort;
- Skill-building elements for professional leadership and communication;
- Virtual networking opportunities at international energy and/or renewables events.
If you fulfil all the application criteria and are interested to apply as a mentee, please fill in the application form.
The programme is also looking for senior professionals working in the energy sector (preferably with clean cooking experience) to serve as mentors and support the personal and professional development of participants.
If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor (which involves approx. 1–1.5 hours of engagement per month), kindly fill-in the Mentor Datasheet. The mentee-mentor pairing process will be based on how closely the goals of the mentee match the skills and experience of the mentor.
Kindly note that the programme will be carried out in English and professional working proficiency is required.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2022.
Please email questions to email@example.com.