Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) supports progress on Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7) and the Paris Agreement by removing the obstacles to universal sustainable energy. Through vision and collaboration, we help leaders and decision-makers go further, faster—together.
With SDG7 and the Paris Agreement, governments committed to developing affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all, while keeping average global temperature increases to "well below" 2° Celsius. According to the IPCC's Special Report 2018, significant impacts will occur at 1.5° Celsius, making the challenge for progress even more urgent. To meet these goals, we need a revolution in energy provision—massive, rapid improvements in energy productivity, widening of access, and increased share of renewables. This is a historic opportunity to create a 'just' energy future, in which no one is left behind.
SEforALL drives the kind of action we need to put the world on this “well below 2° Celsius pathway” while lifting billions of people out of energy poverty. We:
- Build partnerships to connect stakeholders to each other—and to solutions.
- Marshal the data and the evidence to understand the problems and identify potential solutions.
- Benchmark progress to show where we are, and where we need to be, to help government leaders and other decision-makers stay on track and to give us a clear direction going forward.
- Amplify the voices of the energy poor to ensure marginalized groups are heard, making the human case for the SDG7 targets.
- Raise the profile of our partners to encourage involvement, reinforce successes and generate momentum.
- Tell stories of success to inspire change and create networks of practitioners.
Please contact us if you are interested in collaborating to create a cleaner, more just and prosperous world—for all.
Accelerating clean cooking solutions
Scaling up access to sustainable cooling for all
Inspiring strategies that will power a continent
Catalyzing finance for electricity and clean cooking access
Quantifying the benefits of accelerated energy access
Promoting universal electrification of health facilities
Advancing sustainable mobility for the urban poor
Addressing energy access gaps in and around refugee camps
Securing a just energy transition that leaves no one behind
Moving energy investments towards renewable sources
Supporting leaders in government, business and the UN