This Is Cool Webinar Series - Cooling for All and Gender
Like access to electricity or clean cooking, access to sustainable cooling is an energy service that is essential for achieving Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7). Just as women and girls face challenges gaining access to education, healthcare and formal employment, their ability to access and benefit from the range of services that cooling provides is also limited, and a lack of access to sustainable cooling can exacerbate existing gender inequalities.
In this session, organized within the #ThisIsCool webinar series, experts will discuss the upcoming knowledge brief on Cooling for All and Gender: Towards Inclusive, Sustainable Cooling Solutions, the first analysis of the gender-based impacts of a lack of access to cooling.
Ben Hartley, Energy Efficiency Specialist, SEforALL
Presentation of the knowledge brief
- Hannah Girardeau, Energy Specialist, SEforALL
- Eduarda Zoghbi, Energy and Gender Consultant, SEforALL
- Alice Uwamaliya, Energy Associate, SEforALL
- Axum Teferra, Associate Director, K-CEP at ClimateWorks Foundation
- Sasmita Patnaik, Gender Advisor, Water and Energy for Food South and Southeast Asia Regional Innovation Hub
- Nathyeli Acuna, Gender Specialist, ESMAP
Questions and answers