Sustainable Energy for All Annual Report 2017
Over the 2017 calendar year, the SEforALL global team created and worked on a set of targeted, action-oriented workstreams to drive critical action that must take place in the next few years. Those workstreams were made up of carefully orchestrated sets of interventions, each one designed to help leaders drive action at the pace and scale required. This report highlights some of the most important interventions:
- Release of the Energizing Finance series of reports that for the first time provided systematic analysis of finance flows for electricity and clean cooking access;
- Our third SEforALL Forum, taking place in New York and attended by over 1,000 participants from 110 countries;
- Our Cooling for All initiative which is tackling the challenge of fast-growing demands for sustainable cooling solutions;
- The launch of the People-Centered Accelerator, with over 40 partners working towards advancing gender equality, social inclusion, and women’s empowerment in the sustainable energy sector;
- Publication of the Why Wait? Seizing the Energy Access Dividend report, providing an evidence base for policymakers to seize the benefits from delivering decentralized solutions today.