SEforALL started as a UN initiative, and although we are now an independent organization, we have retained an abiding connection to the UN given our unique mandate to drive action on Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG7).
This connection is reinforced through a multi-year partnership agreement with the UN, our role as a partner agency of UN-Energy and by the ongoing appointment of our CEO as the Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All, and since 2018, as the co-chair of UN-Energy.
UN-Energy is the principal mechanism within the UN system for inter-agency collaboration on energy. It has entered a new phase as it reinvigorates and revitalizes its role: through a recent pledge, UN-Energy now aims to make rapid strides towards ending energy poverty and advancing the global energy transition.
The outcomes of the 2021 UN High-Level Dialogue on Energy, including the Secretary-General's roadmap, offer a clear path for UN-Energy to support enhanced action on SDG7.
We were an integral part of the 2021 UN High-level Dialogue on Energy Secretariat, playing a leading role in the development, coordination and outreach for Energy Compacts. We continue to serve as a focal point for all aspects of the Energy Compacts, which are voluntary commitments to actions that accelerate the pace of delivery of SDG7.
- Conduct outreach to catalyze new and dynamic partnerships through breakthrough Energy Compacts
- Coordinate the tracking, monitoring and raising of ambition of new and existing Energy Compacts
- Support stakeholders in implementing the target actions in their submitted Energy Compacts, such as forging partnerships through the Energy Compact Action Network
- Collaborate with other UN-Energy agencies on organizing and hosting major global fora, including the High-level Dialogue on Energy
- Support the Co-Chair of UN-Energy and the Special Representative in her UN-related engagements
A group of energy buyers, energy suppliers, governments, system operators, solutions providers, investors and other organizations has joined together to accelerate the decarbonization of electricity grids by adopting, enabling, and advancing 24/7 Carbon-free Energy (CFE).
UN-Energy programme news
21 Jul 2023
22 Jun 2023
27 Apr 2023
15 Mar 2022
24 Nov 2021
03 Nov 2021
06 Oct 2021
24 Sep 2021