The CEO of SEforALL is the Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) for Sustainable Energy for All and Co-Chair of UN-Energy. This programme helps accelerate UN-Energy-led efforts to support UN Member States to achieve the 2030 goals.
Sustainable Energy for All (SEforALL) will support the convening of the UN General Assembly’s 2021 High-level Dialogue on Energy that will launch the Energy Compacts and lead to the establishment of the SDG7 Coalition and Annual Leadership Meeting.
- High-level Dialogue on Energy 2021: The first high-level summit on energy mandated by the General Assembly since 1981 will be led by the SRSG with the Head of UNDP; its aim is to make significant, real impact on Member States’ achievement of SDG7, efforts to recover better and the COP process.
- Energy Compacts and tracking: Agree on data-driven and ambitious publicly trackable commitments with leading countries, companies and organisations committed to achieving SDG7.
- SDG7 Coalition and Annual Leadership Meeting: The Coalition will comprise champions from governments, international organisations, business and civil society, and will spearhead the energy narrative, drive commitment and advocate for strong ambition. The Annual Leadership Meeting will ensure public dialogue, commitment mobilisation and results monitoring and release its annual flagship tracking mechanism. These activities will sustain momentum to 2030.
- Representing and supporting the UN: Magnify the leadership role of the SRSG to expand global advocacy for SDG7 while advising the SG and DSG and representing the UN system.
- An impactful 2021 High-Level Dialogue on Energy attended by over 70 heads of state
- Ambitious multi-stakeholder Energy Compacts signed by over 40 percent of key influencer countries across energy access and transition
- The SDG7 Coalition established with over 70 countries and an Annual Leadership Meeting attended by over 50 countries
- UN action on energy by supporting the Secretary-General and Deputy Secretary-General
Over twenty ministerial-level “Global Champions” from UN Member States have today issued a call to action to achieve affordable, clean energy for all by 2030 during the launch of the UN High-level Dialogue on Energy.